Sunday 14 January 2018

Style | Top 10 moments of 2017



1. BARCELONA.

In March I travelled to Barcelona with my family to celebrate my big brothers 30th birthday and it was incredible!
We stayed in a luxury hotel and ate beautiful food in stunning restaurants with tapas, nibbles, cake etc.
We visited montjuic and went up in a cable car ride overlooking the city, walked around the city capturing all the buildings and surroundings, with beautiful architecture and amazing shops. I love Barca and its one of my favourite cities, so would definitely recommend it for a city break!





2. GIRLY TRIP TO OXFORD

In April - I met up with my cousin for a girly day trip in Oxford. It was a beautiful sunny day and we spent it shopping, site seeing and had a beautiful afternoon tea in a restaurant called Quod. We visited the Bodleian libraries and walked around the city taking in the architecture and the little 'Bridge of Sighs' that reminds you of being in Venice! It was a lovely day and I also bought some stunning pieces in Zara. Definitely a day to remember.






3. BIRTHDAY TRIP TO LONDON

In May- My amazing boyfriend took me to London for the day before my Birthday and treated me to various things. We went for breakfast in Selfridges, shopping along Oxford street, a walk through Chelsea to see the pretty pastel buildings, tea and cake at Peggy Porshcen cafe and a surprise cable car ride over the river Thames! It was so magical and the best birthday spent.

I then went down to see my cousin in Somerset and had birthday lunch with the family at The Railway inn. Its such a nice pub, all decorated modern and I had a surprise birthday dessert. Loved it so much and got to spend it with my family which is always special. 

On my actual Birthday, my mum treated me to a afternoon tea at Commbe Abbey Hotel! It was so glamorous and felt really special. We had tea and sandwiches and cakes and had a lovely girly day. 













4. GIRLY WEEKEND

In June- Saw me finally secure an amazing job within the Fashion Industry. I had spent years interning and applying for job after job and I finally did it and got a job as a Fashion Merchandiser, managing the ASOS menswear account for a Menswear supplier. I couldn't be happier when I got offered the job and my dreams had finally come true! So i celebrated with my cousin who came to stay with me for a girly weekend which was fab. We went shopping in Birmingham and had a lovely lunch at one of my fave restaurants - Bills. It was such a nice and relaxing day and had a naughty treat in Selfridges, we went to Archie's for a waffle. It was incredible and definitely somewhere unique to go if you have a sweet tooth like me, then check it out. We had popcorn, cakes and watched movies till late. Then on Sunday we went for a lovely Italian meal for lunch. It was a great summers weekend and looking forward to doing more of it this year. 








5. SUMMER HOLIDAY IN ZANTE

In July- I travelled to the beautiful island of Zante in Greece with my love to celebrate his 30th birthday. We stayed in a small remote area called Kemp. It was STUNNING! It was literally the most beautiful place I have ever been to. We arrived early morning to this glamorous hotel and stayed all inclusive for 10 days. We went to various beaches, swam in the sea, went to shipwreck island, turtle island, went on a speed boat to keri caves, had beautiful food, sunbathed, relaxed, went to the hotel spa, had beautiful food all day long with the most incredible desserts in the evening! I got to dress up and had the holiday of a lifetime, all whilst celebrating with my love. Definitely want to go again and would love to visit the other stunning islands in Greece. I've got my eye on Santorini or Mykonos. Where is your favourite holiday destination? I love to travel. I think you have to visit at least one country a year, that's my aim anyway.








6. PICNIC AT THE BARN

In October - me and my boyfriend love our Saturday days out together. We discovered this amazing restaurant called The Barn, which is on a farm. Its above a farm shop and you can see the countryside whilst you eat. Its a quirky place and its nice and quiet for those moments where you just want to get away. I had a afternoon tea for one called 'Picnic in the barn', it was so different to any afternoon tea I've had before. I got sandwiches, sausage rolls, cakes and a scone and I love how it was served on a blackboard. Would love to go again!



7. LUNCH AT HARVEY NICHOLS

In October - I went to Bristol for the day to meet my cousin for a lunch date in Harvey Nichols. I lvoe glam places and this was definitely one of my favourite places to eat. We had stunning food topped off with a cocktail which was all girly and Pink. We then went shopping in the afternoon and had a fab day full of giggles and fun. I love my time spent with my cousin and its always something to look forward to and love making memories.




8. LUNCH AT THE SHARD

In November - I got to go to London to The Shard to celebrate my dads birthday with my family. It was so amazing and somewhere that I've always wanted to go. I took the day off work and went down with my parents and my brother who was over from Canada. We went to the top and looked over London and saw all over the city, then had a gorgeous lunch in Oblix restaurant overlooking the city. It was quite a miserable day weather wise but was so nice to sit and watch the buildings lit up as it went dark. How many people can sit and do that all day on a Monday? Great way to spend the day and was definitely special! If you haven't been then its well worth the visit!





9. FESTIVE DECEMBER

In December - I love December, its probably one of my favourite months of the year. I love getting ready for Christmas, everywhere is all festive with pretty lights and present buying, people are full of Christmas cheer, I love it! I spent most weekends xmas shopping but also went to London and found the most pretty and girly cafe ever called Elan! It was the best and had the most incredible brunch before heading to Winter Wonderland with my boyfriend because we hadn't been before and it was so good! we walked around the stalls and had mulled wine. I also go to meet up with Friends before xmas for dinner and cocktails and lunch with the family and not to mention the frankfurt Christmas market in Birmingham. It doesn't feel like Christmas unless you go there. I had my nails done too ready for the festive period and last but not least Christmas Day. It was so nice full of turkey and presents and literally just spent it relaxing and Boxing Day we went to family friends for lunch which was lovely. How was your Christmas?

















10. NYE AT THE BELFRY

Lastly me and my boyfriend decided to celebrate New Years Eve at the Belfry hotel and resort. We went the year before too as we loved it so much. It such a nice and glam hotel and we had cocktails in the bar and then watched an amazing fireworks display outside. It was the perfect way to bring the new year in with my love by my side. we then got to wake up and have the most delicious breakfast before heading home. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year and looking forward to lies ahead for 2018. We are already half way through January and I cant wait to learn more about my job and progress within the world of Merchandising and working with fab high street brands but also save those all important pennies as I start to think about buying a house with the bf.





What are your new years resolutions/plans?

x



No comments:

Post a Comment