Tuesday 8 November 2016

Travel | Top sites to visit whilst in Majorca


I absolutely love to travel and see the world, to experience different cultures, relax, shop and of course sightseeing.
A couple of weeks ago I travelled to Northern Spain to a place called Puerto Pollensa near Alcudia in Majorca. It was incredible to see so many different views and places. I have been to Spain numerous times but always mainland or city breaks to Barcelona and Madrid so it made a nice change to see the Northern part.

Me and my boyfriend stayed at an all inclusive hotel, and although I prefer to eat out in the restaurants, it was quite nice to be able to relax in the evenings and choose what we wanted to eat after such long days of travelling. Our hotel was very central to where we wanted to visit and only an hour away from Palma! We hired a car and drove around the whole island and this is where I want to share with you my top sites to visit whilst in Majorca...


Beautiful View from out hotel balcony


Day one | We took a trip to Palma City on our first day and just had to visit the stunning cathedral!



I also love roaming the back streets of Spain and seeing the old streets and coloured buildings.


 
Whilst we were in Palma, I couldn't resist a trip to the shops, which my amazing boyfriend organised for me, as he knows exactly where I like to shop! So of course I had to go to Zara, as I'm sure many of you know is a Spanish brand and there stores are so much tidier than the ones in the UK, making you want to buy more! 
Near to the Cathedral was a beautiful castle/church called La Llotja with the most amazing architecture. I'm always snapping whilst I'm away as I become inspired by interiors.



Then we took a trip to Bellver Castle which was another amazing site to visit, we walked all around and although most of it was ruins, it was still worthwhile to visit.


Day 2 | Cala Gat | Whilst on our travels, we came across a beautiful little beach that you could have easily missed as it was tucked away for no one to find! It was a perfect hideaway to sunbathe and relax and although the weather wasn't really hot, it was warm enough and comfortable. Next to the beach led to  some stairs that had the most incredible view from the top. The sea was sparking from the sun and was so pleasant.


Santuari De Sant Salvador | We drove up this windy and long mountain which seemed to take forever but it was one of those moments that you feel it was worthwhile as we got to the top we could see the whole of Spain, which was amazing! It was so nice we had to take the opportunity and had a picnic at the top!




Day 3 | The Pine Walk. On our last day we took a walk along the pine walk which covers the edge of the beach, near to where we were staying. It was so pretty with large green trees leaning over the paths and little coves of beaches and boats were docked all around. It was also really peaceful and somewhere I could easily relax and walk every week if I lived there.


Mirador Formentor. This was probably my favourite view points. We drove all the way up the top of the mountains and it was so hot when we got there but the views were breath taking, we just stood there and all we could hear was the sea. The rock formations and cliffs were soo beautiful I could have stayed there for days.



 Lastly we drove to the other side and went up another mountain to visit Cap de Formentor which was like a lighthouse. We also got to see some incredible views from here too AND we did it all in 3 days!

Looking back at these pictures, it makes me want to go again and appreciate that I'm lucky to have seen this beautiful Island and if you get the chance to travel, I highly recommend Puerto Pollensa.

No comments:

Post a Comment