Tuesday 29 November 2016

Travel | A few days in Milan



Last week I had the opportunity to visit Milan in Italy for a special occasion with my family.
It was so nice to go on a city break for a few days, and spend some quality time with my family, despite the weather being awful!
This was my second time visiting the beautiful city, and it never disappoints.


When we got there we just had to visit the beautiful and amazing Duomo Cathedral, with is right in the centre of Milan in the piazza. We went inside and admired the stunning detailing and architecture. I always take one look at it and just go "wow". I want to constantly take pictures, its my favourite!


 



 



    We visited the cathedral at night too, as we went out for dinner every night to experience proper
    Italian food, which was amazing! and it looked just as beautiful. I loved how its all lit up and you
    can see the pretty pinks reflecting from the other buildings opposite.
 
 



     We also visited the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, this is such a beautiful building, with designer shops
    cafes and restaurants. If I had a lot of money to spend, I would definitely be spending it here!
    My mission was to visit the Gucci cafĂ©, as I had seen and heard how good it was, but It was
    unfortunately closed! So I will definitely be visiting it on my next trip to Milan!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Our hotel was called the Grand Rosa and it was the most stunning hotel I have ever stayed in. The interior was absolutely amazing and if I went back to Milan, I would be staying here again. The rooms and the restaurant and bar area were so glam and had that luxurious feel, which made the whole experience worthwhile. Everytime we stepped foot inside we felt special. We got little chocolates by the bed, had our bed made ready at night with slippers and everything. To top it off it was literally around the corner from the Duomo! Perfect location.. 



 
 
Where have you been where you have felt special and want to go back in the future? I love a bit of glam!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment